We believe that it’s important the food we serve should offer a balanced diet. After all, good physical health is essential to maintain good mental health.
That’s why we’re asking you to review the food that is donated. Does it pass the Next Meal test?
- Is it in good condition and within the expiry date?
- Check the salt and fat content isn’t high.
- Make sure you’re using the food within the best practice guidelines.
- Serve sparingly if high in salt and sugar.
- Is it nutritious?
- Does it provide the right balance for the people that we are serving it to?
We’d love to know what’s in your store cupboard. Upload photos and tag us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.