Having spoken to centres around the country, we know that the biggest concerns are Food, Funding and Safety. Our first edition focuses on food safety.
Food safety should be the number one priority for every centre and these straightforward steps will help you achieve the best hygiene rating.
The Food Standards Agency provides helpful guidance for any organisation serving food to the public:
1. The four main things to remember for good hygiene are the 4 Cs:
2. Obtain the Food Safety level 2 course for all operatives (many can be achieved online).
3. Ensure that you have a contract with a registered pest control company. They can provide lots of helpful advice and guidance.
4. Engage positively with the Council Environmental Health Inspectors.
5. Never be complacent. Carry daily, weekly and monthly checks and always have an evidence trail.
If you’d like to contribute your ideas to improving safety please let us know – contact email@example.com